UI/UX Designer (f/m/x)
- Berlin, Germany | full-time
smart Helios GmbH is a spin-off of Helios Clinics, Europe’s leading private hospital network. Since 2017, we have been building products for patients, to make a sustainable impact in quality of life, before, during and after medical treatment. We also develop tools for doctors and other medical personnel to better meet the needs of patients and relatives. Our mission is the digital transformation of medical care to make it more transparent, patient-friendly and effective.
- Uncover user needs through design research, and turn these insights and requirement into product and/or service concepts with a clear story.
- Develop solid UX concepts, including the definition of customer needs and task analysis, and the creation of storyboards, scenarios, user flows and use cases.
- You have exceptional interaction design skills: you craft how people will interact with our products and services and can scale these across multiple platforms (responsive and mobile design for web, iOS, Android).
- Work closely with the rest of the design team to build and maintain our design system and its implementation across our product portfolio.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define the product UI experience, and execute all visual design stages to final hand-off to engineering.
- Champion a consistent brand and visual identity across the entire product and across other communication materials.
- You have at least 3 years of professional working experience in service- or user experience design, interaction- or visual design, designing digital products and services and have experience from initial problem-framing to implementation.
- Degree in Interaction Design, Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, Service Design, (Graphic) Design with emphasis on UX or equivalent qualification.
- You can present your ideas clearly to your team and stakeholders.
- The ability to quickly shift to the right tools for the problem at hand – storyboarding, sketching, wireframing, and interactive prototyping as necessary.
- Balancing being values-driven (learning to work together well) and results-driven (shipping products).
- Taking ownership, self-organised, self-reliant.
- You are a team-player and like to work within an interdisciplinary team of researcher, designer, product owner, developer, data scientists and healthcare professionals.
- Open to constructive feedback, both giving and receiving, in a clear and respectful manner.
- Experience in working in agile frameworks like Scrum and Kanban.
- Strong proficiency with the most popular design software (Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision, Flinto, Principle).
Besides the domain-specific requirements previously mentioned, future colleagues should be comfortable with the following:
- Open, clear and respectful communication within smart Helios – as well as with clients and partners – is key.
- Our team consists of more than 10 nationalities – fluent (but not perfect) English is a must.
- Acquiring new skills and exploring new, unfamiliar territory is part of our daily work routine. Flexibility and the curiosity to try new things are required, and will be rewarded with new knowledge and experiences.
- As a small company, we encourage ownership and leadership in many fields, and expect you to communicate and share knowledge across disciplines and teams.
- Flexible working hours, a competitive salary and a diverse team consisting of scientists, product people, developers and physicians.
- The chance to develop a meaningful product with a good chance of significantly improving the overall well-being of our users.
- An attractive workplace in Berlin Mitte, subsidized BVG ticket, free fruit and beverages.
Send your application documents in English including cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.