Senior Backend Engineer – Java/Spring (f/m/x)
- Berlin, Germany | full-time
smart Helios GmbH is a spin-off of Helios Clinics, Europe’s leading private hospital network. Since 2017, we have been building products for patients, to make a sustainable impact in quality of life, before, during and after medical treatment. We also develop tools for doctors and other medical personnel to better meet the needs of patients and relatives. Our mission is the digital transformation of medical care to make it more transparent, patient-friendly and effective.
For its next project smart Helios is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer (Java/Spring).
- You will actively lead and drive the development of our aftercare app and backend system.
- Your role will be highly visible. You will work closely with other engineers and share your knowledge. You will be passionate about making your colleagues better.
- You will observe new trends and technologies, evaluate and filter for relevance, and introduce to the team.
- At least 3 years’ experience designing and implementing modern and successful backend systems using Java and Spring.
- Our stack: Java 10, Spring Boot, Hibernate, PostgreSQL, etc. We run on Amazon Web Services. A deep familiarity with most or all is a must.
- Experience in developing concise RESTful APIs.
- Solid knowledge of design patterns and object-oriented software design (OOD).
Besides the domain-specific requirements previously mentioned, future colleagues should be comfortable with the following:
- Open, clear and respectful communication within smart Helios – as well as with clients and partners – is key.
- Our team consists of more than 10 nationalities – fluent (but not perfect) English is a must.
- Acquiring new skills and exploring new, unfamiliar territory is part of our daily work routine. Flexibility and the curiosity to try new things are required, and will be rewarded with new knowledge and experiences.
- As a small company, we encourage ownership and leadership in many fields, and expect you to communicate and share knowledge across disciplines and teams.
- Flexible working hours, a competitive salary and a diverse team consisting of scientists, product people, developers and physicians.
- The chance to develop a meaningful product with a good chance of significantly improving the overall well-being of our users.
- An attractive workplace in Berlin Mitte, subsidized BVG ticket, free fruit and beverages.
Send your application documents in English including cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.